The Career Path
The benefits of working at Epes Transport System, Inc. extend beyond pay.
Overview of the Career Path
The Career Path Program provides recent college graduates the opportunity to receive comprehensive and intensive training critical to career growth and leadership development with Epes Carriers.
Trainees will work in various departments such as Accounting, Operations, Safety, and Sales throughout the subsidiaries in order to gain a working knowledge of all aspects of the company. Upon successful completion, the trainee will be placed within an appropriate division which may, or may not, require managing other employees.
Potential positions upon completion of the program include Driver Managers, who coordinate and supervise the activities of 35-45 drivers, and Customer Service Representatives who work closely with our customers to manage their transportation and freight needs and to ensure professional service.
We offer a business-casual work environment with a highly competitive salary. Our benefit package includes:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
- Short / Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401k Retirement Program with company match and MORE!!!
- Bachelors in transportation, logistics, operations, business, economics, or marketing
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent work history
- Pass pre-employment drug test
- No convictions of felonies or other serious crimes
- Willing to travel as necessary
- Excellent written, oral, and listening skills
- Ability to plan and organize workload
- Detail-oriented with strong follow-up skills
- Ability to handle pressure and work with interruptions
- Ability to make difficult decisions
- Ability to work independently; strong initiative; maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work flexible hours on an as need basis
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with employees and customers
- Professional, clean, and neat appearance
- Proven leadership skills
Request more information
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our HR Representative at (336)931-9701.