- About EPES Transport System
EPES is a Driver Centric regional truckload carrier known for operational excellence and delivering value to our customers. We honor the Family Oriented culture upon which EPES was built and embrace the leadership, innovation, and expertise necessary for future growth. We are steadfastly committed to operating a safe and ethical business while meeting our commitments to associates, customers and shareholders.
Our VISION is to build on decades of profitable growth to achieve respected dominance in the markets that we serve.
Our CORE VALUES are:
- Relationships - with our associates, our communities and the industry at large
- Results - deliver outstanding results
- Excellence - in providing transportation solutions for our customers
- Ethics - adhere to the highest standard of safety and business ethics of which all who associate with Epes Transport System can be proud
The company started business in 1931 in Blackstone, Virginia. Originally known as "The Transport Company" it began as a family owned business and continued that way for over 55 years. Epes Transport was purchased in September, 1987 by Epes Carriers, Inc. in Greensboro, North Carolina. In 2018 Penske Logistics, Reading Pa. acquired Epes Transport System.